Ministries of Koinonia Christian Fellowship
Partners together with God
We believe every church member is a minister and is to use their God given gifts and abilities to serve the Lord by serving others. We endeavor to help each person discover his or her God given gifts and to hear God’s directions as to how they are to serve him. Our Ministry Coordinator helps direct people into existing places of service or helps them develop God given ideas into new ministries. As a result, our members serve in numerous individual and group ministries from regular service responsibilities to projects involving our whole church family.
These are some on-going ministries of Koinonia at the present time:
- Small Groups We meet in homes for Bible study, prayer, discipleship and fellowship. Small groups facilitate spiritual growth in teens and adults by encouraging individual study on weekdays and providing accountability at each group meeting. Spring and Fall terms are offered each year for a period of 6-12 weeks each. Authors include Henry Blackaby, Phyllis Shirer, Chuck Colson, Beth Moore and many others. Anyone may join our small groups, regardless of their church affiliation since we meet on weeknights. We welcome you to join us by calling the church.
- Women's ministry Our ladies meet regularly for fellowship and planning of ministry projects. Twice a year they have overnight retreats for fellowship and spiritual growth. Ministry projects are planned to reach out into the community with the love of Christ. These have included a Business Women's Luncheon to honor area women, collecting Christmas gifts and school supplies for the Imboden Area Charter School and monthly Craft Get-Togethers for all ages and abilities.
- Drama team Our Drama Team prepares and presents theme dramas and skits, puppet presentations, and interpretive movements of contemporary Christian music. Their presentations are shared with the church in worship as well as at community events. The team is available for presentations at any events as requested. Members of the Drama Team range in age from 10 years to 60 years of age. Anyone is welcome to join regardless of ability- there are positions of ministry for all abilities. The Drama Team Leader can be contacted through the church email contact at email@example.com
- Financial Ministry A Budget Coach, trained by Crown Financial Ministries, helps families to manage their resources according to the principles of God’s Word. The coach will meet with couples individually to help them understand God’s principles of financial management and then help them prepare a working budget. On-going assistance is provided as the couple learns to live on the Budget and to adapt it to their spending habits. One of the main goals of budgeting is to become Debt-Free as God’s word tells us that a debtor is a slave to others and freedom comes when we owe no man. Please call the church contact number if you are interested in meeting with a Budget Coach. Sample budget forms are located at www.crown.org.
- Tax Aid Service Tax Aid Service-Members help people with their income tax return, free of charge, in cooperation with AARP/IRS. Free e-file is also provided. The site is open one day per week during tax season. You may schedule an appointment by contacting the church email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Missions The goal of this ministry is to help families or individuals in need to get through a temporary, difficult time. The ministry also partners with other ministries in the community to serve people in our local area.
Angel Food Ministry – Our church partners with other Lawrence County churches to provide the Angel Food ministry to our community. This ministry allows persons to purchase food boxes at approximately half the retail price once each month. Our volunteers take orders locally and then pick up the food boxes in Walnut Ridge and deliver them to the local residents who paid for a box. Volunteers also help at the distribution site once a month to assist in packing the food into the boxes.
- Kenya Missions Bernard and Mary Mwangi are our missionaries in Kenya. We support them and the ministry of Koinonia Baptist Church in Ruaka, Kenya. Some of our own members helped start this church in 2006 when we traveled to Kenya to partner with the Mwangi family and their home church at Banana Hill. This local church provides support to numerous orphans by providing shelter, school tuition and books, food and clothes. The church has grown to approximately 100 members since its inception. Bernard was educated at Williams Baptist College in Arkansas, during which time he spoke several times in our church and introduced us to his mission in Africa. He teaches and trains pastors all over Kenya to reach out to their people with the gospel and to lead effectively in their churches. In addition he is himself a pastor and a church planter and a former Kenyan Baptist college president. Mary, his wife, operates a Christian preschool in a very poor area and ministers to the children and their families. Their ministries are very effective and we are privileged to be partners with them.
- We send regular offerings to the Southern Baptist Cooperative Program, and to the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. These Agencies carry on mission work in Arkansas, and around the world.
It is always exciting for us to see where God is at work and how we are to join Him!